Tuesday 19 April 2011

Act 3 Slay1n H03s

I can’t believe Mercutio is dead! Well actually I can… I warned him, I just wish he would have listened.  I pray thee, good Mercutio, let’s retire. The day is hot; the Capulets, abroad; And if we meet we shall not ’scape a brawl, For now, these hot days, is the mad blood stirring”.  I told him, I told him, I told him, but he was just too hard- headed to care.  I knew we would get into a brawl if we saw Tybalt and his gang…and now he’s dead.  The rage was building in me; I tried to get him to at least do it rationally if he had to do it at all but nooooo he had to do in the most public place possible.   “We talk here in the public haunt of men.  Either withdraw unto some private place, And reason coldly of your grievances, Or else depart. Here all eyes gaze on us”.  Why he always had to be the centre of attention? I don’t know, but it sure bit him in the @$$.  Nevertheless I was so so sad when he died… “O Romeo, Romeo, brave Mercutio is dead!  That gallant spirit hath aspired the clouds, Which too untimely here did scorn the earth”.  He was wayyyy to young to die he still had so much living to do…damn Tybalt.  Soooo glad Romeo got him back.  He deserved it; it sucks for Juliet losing a cousin especially if it was Romeo who killed him.  Now Romeo is exiled and I’ve lost both my best friends.  I just wish this whole thing never happened.  L  

8 comments:

  1. You speak the truth young Benvolio, I just wish it hadn’t been Romeo that struck Tybalt down. Why is it always Romeo that ends up on the bad side of conflict?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercutio deserved it,
    but Romeo deserves it more.
    Just sayin'.

    ~Parisistheshizz<3

    Oh, will you see you at the wedding this Thursday? No? That's cause you're not invited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend, what has become of your good nature? Has this tragedy shaken you so? I fear that you will be blinded by rage. Let not your gentle spirit be crushed by the weight of my passing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't know better I would say this whole town is cursed. When was the last time something happened that made Verona a better place? If Romeo and Juliet don't work out, I would guess that the town will be damned forever. Either they need to prove their love is bigger than their families or Romeo should go to Mantua and never come back. Being the equivilant to his father I hope the first option works out. You have been a good friend to him Benvolio. I hope you never get involved in such conflict.

    -Friar Lawrence OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your peace keeping turned out to be an epic failure! Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IN response - "I just wish it hadn’t been Romeo that struck Tybalt down. "

    Why would you wish at all for Tybalt to be killed! He was a great man and does not deserve to be dead, and a loving part of my extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mercrutio fails. At least Tybalt kiled off one Montague before he met his demise. He will be missed, his honour was great.

    ReplyDelete